There are many books about IBM. The ones below are those that I own and have read. Click here for a story I wrote about IBM and the books. Each listing has a link to Amazon for purchase if you are interested. (All commissions earned from books bought through patrickWeb are donated to charity).
The following list of books is in chronological order.
- Watson, Thomas J Jr. A Business and its Beliefs. New York, NY: McGraw Hill Book Company, 1963
- Sobel, Robert. IBM Colossus in Transition. New York, NY: Times Books, 1981.
- Mills, D. Quinn. The IBM Lesson. New York, NY: Times Books, 1988.
- Watson, Thomas J Jr. Father Son & Co. New York, NY: Bantam Books, 1990.
- Carroll, Paul. Big Blues. New York, NY: Crown Publishers, Inc., 1993
- Pugh, Emerson W. Building IBM. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press, 1995.
- Gerstner, Louis V. Jr. Who Says Elephants Can’t Dance? New York, NY: HarperBusiness, 2002.
- Maney, Kevin. The Maverick And His Machine. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, 2003.