Patricia Sarmiento in Walnut, California, founder of publichealthcorps.org, is on a mission to put the public back in public health. She believes public health is only effective if the public can actually access and discern what information is reliable. Her goal is to provide a hub of reputable and useful public information on health topics.
Lately, Patricia has been evaluating a lot to websites that focus on how to age well. A theme she sees emerging is the power of independence and spirit in maintaining wellness and also healing. As we all get older we’re inevitably and indubitably more susceptible to disease, but there are steps we can take to reduce how vulnerable we are. Following is the list of helpful and educational resources, thanks to publichealthcorps.org.
- 22 Senior Health Risk Calculators for Healthy Aging
- Aging in Place
- Assisted Living Regulation and Laws
- Canine Caregivers for Alzheimer’s and Dementia Patients
- Cats and Seniors
- Health Attitude: Unraveling and Solving the Complexities of Healthcare
- Health for Seniors
- Internet Safety Guide For Seniors
- National Council for Aging Care
- National Center on Elder Abuse
- NIH Senior Health
- Senior-Friendly Home Remodeling
- Stop Fraud